|Easy Cauliflower Soup is Perfectly Light and Tasty!|
I am a fan of cauliflower. I like it raw, roasted, steamed, boiled, crisp and crunchy or smooth and creamy. When I learned I could make it into a soup, I was eager to try it out.
Ingredients for Easy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 Can Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced or Pressed)
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- 2 Stalks Celery
- Shredded Cheese
- Add butter, chopped cauliflower, pressed or minced garlic, and chicken broth to 3.5-quart or larger dutch oven or soup kettle.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring or whisking the soup occasionally to break down the cauliflower.
- Add the celery, sliced, and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add milk and continue to whisk more frequently until the cauliflower reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve with a nice bit of shredded cheese on top.
As given in the instructions listed here, this soup serves 4, and each serving contains 332 calories. This includes 13 grams of fat, 727 milligrams of sodium, 7 grams of fiber, 19 grams of protein, 10 grams of sugar, 200% of your vitamin C for the day, and half of your daily recommended calcium (based on a 2,000 calorie diet). Swapping salted butter, whole milk, homemade broth, or reducing the cheese will alter the recipe and allow you to suit the soup to your taste. Happy souping!
Want to Read More Recipes on Gypsy Daughter Essays? Try
Copyright Amy Lynn Hess. Please contact the author for permission to republish.